We are seeking a Coastal Ranger – NRM who will play an important role in supporting Barwon Coast to maintain and protect our coastal reserves.
The role is for a permanent full time position, but open to part time being negotiated.
You will be part of a team who are responsible for carrying out a range of defined natural resource management works, operational maintenance, conservation and project works throughout the coastal reserve. A self-starter that has a broad range of experience in natural resource management.
The Coastal Ranger – NRM will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the coastal reserves annual works program with guidance and routine supervision.
- Implementation and monitoring of effective pest plant controls within the coastal reserves.
- The consistent and efficient performance of rostered activities including maintenance works such as planting, minor tree maintenance, landscaping, cleaning, building maintenance, mowing, fencing, rubbish management, and other duties as directed.
- Lawfully operate heavy plant, including but not limited to trucks, tractors agricultural machinery and other associated equipment.
- Participate in a range of Natural Resource Management planning activities including recovery plans, revegetation, pest plant/animal plans.