The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) advises the following for water quality samples taken on Tuesday 17 January 2023 at –
Barwon River Estuary at Barwon Heads
EPA advises that:
- microbial water quality on 17 January 2023 met standards for primary contact.
- however, results may fluctuate with tidal conditions and rainfall. Use at own risk.
- we also continue to advise people not to come in contact with the water for 48 hrs after rainfall.
Ocean Grove Main Beach (Life Saving Club)
- EPA monitoring continues to show good water quality at Ocean Grove Main Beach
- people should not have contact with the water for at least 48 hrs after rainfall and avoid discoloured water