Commercial Businesses On The Coast

Did you know that if you conduct a commercial business such as personal training, yoga or surf lessons anywhere on the Barwon Coast foreshore or beaches you are required to hold a Tour Operator Licence?

Please contact us on to find out what you need to do to obtain a permit. Issuing permits for use of the coast helps us ensure equitable use and amenity for all.

One of the important reasons for getting a licence is, as an organiser, you could become personally liable to any injury that occurs to one of the participants. And if you do have Public Liability Insurance it could be null and void without legal tenure, i.e. a consent or licence.

Image: Krzysztof Grech @ Unsplash