Changes on the Barwon Coast
Some of our services have changed, and will continue to do so, in response to COVID-19. The best way to keep updated is by following our Facebook Page or checking this webpage. The health and wellbeing of our employees and those who use the Barwon Coast coastal reserve is of paramount importance to us.
Following government directions to help stop the spread of COVID 19 we have changed the way we work at Barwon Coast. Until further notice the Barwon Coast office is CLOSED. Our staff are working remotely. Our major projects are continuing.
- For an emergency call 000
- To report non-compliance with COVID-19 regulations on the coast call the Police 131 444
- For any urgent Barwon Coast matters during business hours call 03 5254 1118
- For all other enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To reduce risk to our staff we have limited staff working on the coastal reserve. At this stage we will be maintaining a baseline of service which will include cleaning the main public toilets and emptying beach bins. We do ask that you respect our staff and only use the coastal reserve for exercise in accordance with physical distancing directives and use public amenities only when necessary.
Beach Use Regulations as at May 25 2020
Beaches on the Barwon Coast are open subject to the following regulations:
- Gatherings of up to 10 people are now permitted in outdoor spaces
- You must observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times
- Take responsibility for your own hygiene and be mindful of others
- Surfing, swimming, exercising, relaxing and other non-contact activities are permitted
These measures are under direction from the Chief Health Officer Victoria and in accordance with DHHS protocols around physical distancing and public gatherings to
reduce the spread of coronoavirus.
For further information on recreation during COVID-19 restrictions visit the the Victorian Government's Department of Health and Human Services: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-cultural-and-recreational-activities-restrictions-coronavirus-covid19
Temporary Closure of facilities
Following the directions of the Chief Health Officer Victoria a number of our facilites are closed until further notice:
- all drinking fountains
- all outdoor showers
- all BBQ’s
- 4 low-use public toilets.
The toilet block closures have enabled our staff to increase the frequency of cleaning and regular disinfection of touch zones in our main toilet blocks. We will change our services further as the need arises and thank our community for their understanding during this time.
When on the coast we ask that everyone please do their part – abide by the closures and maintain physical distancing.